As they study human development and marital and family relations, students of the Marriage and Family Therapy program of the Utah State University are provided with basic academic and initial clinical practice requirements for Utah state licensure as marriage and family therapists and for clinical membership in the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. This program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) and qualifies students for intern-level licensure as marriage and family therapists in the state of Utah.
The Department of Human Development and Family Studies is housed in the College of Education and Human Services, which is in the top 2% of all graduate colleges of education in the nation and is ranked third in total research dollars received.
Recent graduates have found employment as counselors in the following areas:
- Public schools
- Academic departments at colleges and universities
- Research centers
- Head Start
- Child care programs
- Social services agencies
- Mental health agencies
- Private and clinical practice settings
- Extension services
- Financial institutions and agencies
- Any related agencies that teach about, study, or serve individuals and families
- Applied Statistics
- Human Development Theories
- Family Theories
- Survey of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Foundations of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Cultural Diversity
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Counselling Psychology View 687 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Utah State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- It is preferred that applicants have the equivalent of at least a minor in family, consumer, or child studies. However, competent students have been admitted from a variety of backgrounds. If a student does not have a family, consumer, or child studies background, they may be required to take prerequisite courses depending on their experience
- Complete the online application
- Pay the $55 application fee
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on the GRE or MAT
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits
- Provide transcripts of all college/university credits
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
International15964 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7982 USD per semester during 12 months.
National15964 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7982 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State4684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2342 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.