The Landscape Architecture program of the Utah State University emphasizes traditional site scale planning and design, large scale planning and management, and advancing inquiry through research. Students will graduate with the creative and technical skills needed to design and protect the spaces that define a community and region.
Graduates with an MLA have a wide variety of career options available:
- Licensed landscape architect Arborist
- Federal employment with USFS, NPS, BLM and others
- Visual/scenic landscape analyst
- Transportation planner
- Community planning and residential design
- Land development
- State park design
- Design campgrounds and trail systems
- Golf course architect
- Work in consultation with civil engineering or architecture firms
- Design of resorts and theme parks
- Design green roofs/rooftop gardens
- Historic preservation
- Sustainability coordinator
- University campus planner/landscape architect
- Protection of endangered species through habitat preservation
- Assist with the survey of archeology sites
- Promote forest sustainability in domestic and tropical forests
- Extension landscape architect
- Stormwater manager
- Virtual media design (graphic design, designing virtual landscapes for computer games)
- Academic positions in landscape architecture and horticulture programs
- Artist or sculptor
- Gardener or grower of nursery stock
- Nursery operator
Many other career opportunities are available depending on the student’s thesis emphasis, interests, and undergraduate degree.
Programme StructureCourses include:
Graphics and Illustration
Site Analysis: Social, Behavioral, and Biophysical Dimensions
Digital Drafting, Illustration, and Modeling
Theory of Design
Bioregional Analysis and Planning
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 175 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United States
- Students with any undergraduate major may apply. Students admitted from a background in landscape architecture will be admitted to the advanced professional program, and students with other undergraduate degrees will be admitted to the first professional degree
- Complete the online application
- Pay the $55 application fee
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on the GRE
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits
- Provide transcripts of all college/university credits
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
- Portfolios are recommended but not required of the First Professional degree; however, portfolios are required for the Advanced Professional degree. Advanced professionals should submit examples of most recent work. Team projects must clearly note your contribution to the project.
International15964 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7982 USD per semester during 36 months.
National15964 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7982 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State4684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2342 USD per semester during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.