The Nutrition for Health and Human Performance program from University of Miami can be taken as a one year accelerated program for UM Exercise Physiology graduates or a 36 credit two-year program for students from outside the major. Only students with a BS degree in Exercise Physiology from the University of Miami are eligible for the Accelerated Masters Program.
The degree is rooted in a scientific background in the applied sciences, which integrates the nutritional components of wellness programing and key elements of nutrition for optimal performance. The curriculum represents the biological synergy between nutrition and exercise physiology so that students can take leadership roles in clinical-based wellness programs, exercise physiological and nutritional research, as well as tailoring the optimal, evidence-based nutritional practices for coaches and athletes.
To produce knowledge and prepare the next generation of leaders, researchers, and agents of change and well-being in education and the community.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Medical Practices/Rehabilitation Centers
- Professional and amateur sport teams and organizations; coaches and athletes
- Diabetes treatment and cardiac rehabilitation centers
- Hospitality industry-hotels, spas, cruise ships, resorts
- Health Clubs/Spas/Gyms
- Summer camps, youth organizations
- Community Wellness Centers
- Corporate Wellness Programs
- Health Maintenance Organizations
- Weight Management Programs
- Media and Internet
- Culinary cooking schools
- The military and police forces
- Functional medicine research and practice
- Non-profit Health Centers
- Community and faith-based organizations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1088 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Request one official transcript from each post-secondary institution (college or university) that you have attended.
- In your CollegeNet application on (page 5) is a space for you to add your recommender’s names and email addresses.
- Request your GRE general, and TOEFL (if applicable) scores from ETS
- Students should attach to the application a statement of academic and professional goals.
- Students should attach to the application a current curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- A copy of passport.
- Copy of diploma with English translation for degrees earned outside of the United States.
- Official / original transcripts with English translation.
International37800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37800 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National37800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37800 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.