The Speech Pathology program offered by University of Nevada, Reno provides a variety of course offerings that emphasize evaluation and treatment of communicative disorders involving language, phonology, fluency, voice, alaryngeal speech, aphasia, cleft palate, autism, augmentative communication, cerebral palsy, and literacy.
Graduates with M.S. in Speech Pathology from University of Nevada, Reno will:
- conduct research, seek extramural funding, and encourage student involvement in research.
- develop specialized clinical programs that reflect current needs and future trends utilizing current technology and expanding innovations.
- develop skills and experience in assessment and therapeutic techniques for children and adults with communication disorders.
Students are prepared for professional careers as speech-language pathologist in schools, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and community clinics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Speech Sound Disorders
- Internship in Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Language Assessment and Intervention
- Research Design
- Craniofacial Disorders
- Language Theory
- Fluency Disorders
- Motor Speech and Swallowing Disorders
- Seminar in Alaryngeal Speech
- Medical Speech Lang Path
- Seminar in Clinical Procedures
- Disorders of Voice
- Advanced Practicum
- Comprehensive Examination
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Linguistics View 627 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- Online application
- Official transcripts from every institution attended for a complete history of your education
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology OR completion of Graduate Special course sequence.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores must be submitted as part of the application. Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing are required.
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 24 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.