It places emphasis on teaching and curriculum/program development and/or Extension. While this degree does not result in a teaching license for public schools, students will develop skills in the areas of instruction, program planning, evaluation and research related to research methodology and statistical applications.
The Family and Consumer Science Education and Extension program of the Utah State University can be completed online or on campus. A thesis is required. Students completing this degree online will need to meet virtually or in person with their chair and committee members on a regular basis to complete their thesis research. This degree is recommend for those who will be working in an area of education requiring research in addition to teaching or those seeking a PhD.
Students completing this degree are prepared for working in formal post-secondary and non-formal education (outreach and extension) settings.This is degree also prepares students who would like to earn a future PhD.
- Secondary teaching
- Urban and rural Extension
- Social science
- Supervisory and administrative positions in business, technical schools, and applied technology colleges
- Consulting positions in mass media and industry
- Foundations of Adult Education
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Administration & Leadership
- Curriculum Design
- Principles & Practices of Extension Education
- Volunteer Programs and Partnerships
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Applications must be completed no later than two months prior to the start of the semester in which you would like to begin taking classes
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Special Education View 741 other Masters in Special Education in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Utah State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students from any undergraduate background are welcome to apply
- Complete the online application (Pay close attention to the essay question in the online application. The response will be used in admissions decision)
- Pay the application fee
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on in the GRE
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits
- Provide transcripts of all college/university credits
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
International15964 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7982 USD per semester during 24 months.
National15964 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7982 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State4684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2342 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.