About the Program
The Political Science program at University of Nevada, Reno has the following general goals:
- To offer students an opportunity for advanced, specialized courses in the discipline of political science, leading to a graduate degree
- To prepare students for additional graduate work leading to a doctoral degree and a career as a political scientist
- To offer students the opportunity to prepare for a career in teaching, politics, public service and government or to complement their present careers
- To support University-based research involving issues of politics and public policy
- Political Science as a Discipline
- Advanced Research Methods in Political Science
- Advanced Social Science Models
- Qualitative Research Methods in Political Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Plan A: THESIS OPTION (30 UNITS)
- Plan B: NON-THESIS OPTION (36 UNITS)
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Administration Political Science View 679 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
Minimum 2.75 overall GPA (B.A./B.S.) or a 3.0 GPA for last two years of B.A./B.S.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Nevada, Reno and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Undergraduate degree (B.A./B.S.)
- GRE Scores: verbal and quantitative scores should be a minimum of 154, though some exceptions are made for students based upon their skill-set and other qualifications (or GMAT equivalent)
- Three letters of recommendation of which a minimum of two are from professors with whom you have taken and completed coursework.
- Statement of purpose: This one-to-two page statement should be 500 words, double-spaced and printed in a standard font. In this statement, you should discuss your career and educational goals and how those goals fit into the research specializations of the department. Please make sure your name is at the top of the each page.
- 18 credit hours (six courses) of coursework in political science/social science
International21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
National21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.