About the Program
The Political Science program at University of Nevada, Reno has the following general goals:
- To offer students an opportunity for advanced, specialized courses in the discipline of political science, leading to a graduate degree
- To prepare students for additional graduate work leading to a doctoral degree and a career as a political scientist
- To offer students the opportunity to prepare for a career in teaching, politics, public service and government or to complement their present careers
- To support University-based research involving issues of politics and public policy
- Political Science as a Discipline
- Advanced Research Methods in Political Science
- Advanced Social Science Models
- Qualitative Research Methods in Political Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Plan A: THESIS OPTION (30 UNITS)
- Plan B: NON-THESIS OPTION (36 UNITS)
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Administration Political Science View 326 other Masters in International Relations in United States
- Undergraduate degree (B.A./B.S.)
- GRE Scores: verbal and quantitative scores should be a minimum of 154, though some exceptions are made for students based upon their skill-set and other qualifications (or GMAT equivalent)
- Three letters of recommendation of which a minimum of two are from professors with whom you have taken and completed coursework.
- Statement of purpose: This one-to-two page statement should be 500 words, double-spaced and printed in a standard font. In this statement, you should discuss your career and educational goals and how those goals fit into the research specializations of the department. Please make sure your name is at the top of the each page.
- 18 credit hours (six courses) of coursework in political science/social science
International21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
National21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.