Now is an exciting time to be a materials engineer—almost every technology we rely on in the modern world relies on materials, whether automotive, biomedical, electronics, or energy production and storage. As technologies evolve at an ever increasing rate, advanced materials—and those who know how to develop them—are in high demand.
At the Materials Science and Engineering program of Case Western Reserve University, we educate those materials engineering leaders by combining the best attributes of small and large graduate programs to offer you both personalized attention from faculty members and access to world-class equipment and mentorship from internationally renowned researchers.
Plus, we make it easy for you to go further in your career in the way that works best for you. Our master’s program is available in three different formats, allowing you to tailor your education to best meet your needs:
- Our Accelerated master of science degree program lets you earn your degree in just one year through full-time study, allowing you to move ahead in your career faster. Plus, our accelerated program puts a special focus on data science and analytics, giving you an edge that complements your advanced knowledge in materials structure and properties with an understanding of the identification of statistically significant relationships, model development and predictive behavior of large data sets.
- Our Professional master of science degree program allows you to continue working in industry full time while you work toward your degree part-time. In this program, you have the flexibility to align your final capstone project with your personal interests or even a professional project you are working on at your company, allowing you to bring your learning to life on the job even before you graduate. Whether you’re working on a team project to develop the next generation of pipeline tubing or lightweight aircraft, our leading-edge coursework and flexible final project lets you learn in ways that are most relevant to your career.
- Our Research master of science degree program combines the coursework of our Accelerated and Professional programs with a personalized research project and thesis—letting you delve deeper into an area of materials science that contributes in meaningful ways to the advancement of the field. Attend national and international scientific conferences with our faculty members to present your research and meet peers and other faculty in the field. Plus, unlike many other programs, our admissions policies allow you to transition into our PhD program at the completion of your MS if you choose to continue your research and academic endeavors.
- Welding Metallurgy
- Deformation Processing
- Fundamentals of Materials Engineering and Science
- Electrical, Magnetic, Optical, and Thermal Properties of Materials
- Properties of Materials in Extreme Environments
- Fracture of Materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Electrical Engineering View 365 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts or degree certifications in languages other than English, must be accompanied by an English translation
- Language Scores (TOEFL, IELTS and PTE)
International50838 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25419 USD per semester during 24 months.
National50838 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25419 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.