Students in the M.F.A. program work closely with faculty in developing structure and strategies for making art in the video medium, including performance, narrative, documentary, site-specific, and multichannel installation.The program is supported by a multiple format video and audio facility. Production is executed with mini-DV camcorders, digital audio field recorders, and necessary peripherals. Post-production suites are equipped with Macintosh-based, non-linear editing systems. Video projectors are available for exhibition. There are also digital, multi-track audio studios, a large green-screen shooting stage, plus access to other University facilities to complement production, post-production, and exhibition activities.
The art video program at the M.F.A. level assumes candidates are highly motivated to produce challenging work and are capable of working in a tutorial environment.
Financial awards are based on portfolio review, letters of recommendation, and previous experience. The production and post-production facilities are staffed by graduate students, affording the opportunity to learn successful management of a multi-use, multi-format facility. M.F.A. degree recipients have typically continued in their field as video artists, independent producers, and faculty in other university video and new media programs.
Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Video Art History
- Video Research
- Advanced Post-Production Techniques
- Video Research
- TransMedia Graduate Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 533 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Application fee
- A resume describing your employment history, academic honors, scholastic recognition, publications, leadership roles and/or other academic, professional and community activities.
- A personal statement.
- If you are also applying for the Sports Communications Emphasis, please use the personal statement to elaborate on why you wish to be considered.
- Transcripts from any post-secondary institution in which you earned or will earn a degree.
- Official General GRE scores for applicants to public diplomacy, media studies, communications management or the doctoral program.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably at least one from an academic reference.
International50230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 50230 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National28062 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28062 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.