The Journalism program offered by University of Nevada, Reno offers students the opportunity to gain ability to adapt to new ways of thinking about journalism and communication.
They should be equipped to work in a wide variety of careers, both in journalism and strategic communication, based on their knowledge of networked communication principles, user-centered design, social media, multimedia storytelling and entrepreneurial thinking.
Graduates with M.A. in Journalism from University of Nevada, Reno will be able to:
- Gain a deep understanding of how journalism is changing.
- Master a range of interactive new media tools.
- Practice user-centered design thinking to develop new ways of doing journalism.
- Become proficient at social media and participatory communication.
- Gain valuable experience in thinking entrepreneurially about networked communication.
- Research, envision, and prototype a unique and innovative communication platform as a program option.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses included:
- Storytelling: Writing
- The Future of Media
- Storytelling: Multimedia
- Professional Paper
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism View 107 other Masters in Journalism in United States
- One of official transcript from all universities attended.
- Recent GRE scores required for applicants who have not previously earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited or otherwise recognized institution.
- Letter of intent explaining why you want to pursue graduate work in this program, what you hope to gain from participating, the assets you bring to the program and how you plan to use the degree after graduation.
- Three letters of reference from employers, former professors or deans, or others familiar with your work or otherwise able to assess your likelihood of success in graduate study.
- Professional work samples, if available. These could include published articles or photographs, or other examples of your professional experience.
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 18 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 18 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.