This Media Studies program at Syracuse University stresses media theory and research, with students exploring a topic of their choosing in a culminating thesis. It is excellent preparation for more advanced study at the doctoral level or for research-oriented jobs in the private or public sector.
This 36-credit program leads to a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Media Studies.
An academic master’s program preparing you for a Ph.D. and a career of teaching and research in communications.
Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thesis Design
- Quantitative Methods for Mass Communications Research
- Qualitative Methods for Mass Communications Research
- Media Law
- Telecommunications Law&Policy
- Proseminar for Graduate Study
- Communications Theory
- The Power and Peril of Global Persuasion
- Selected Topics
- Media and Diversity
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 277 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- Application fee
- Official transcript
- Letters of recommendation (as required by the program you’re applying to)
- Personal statement
- Portfolio (if required by your program)
- Writing sample (if required by your program)
- Official GRE scores (if required by your program)
- Official TOEFL/IELTS scores (international students only)
- Military transcripts (for currently serving or veteran)
International31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 12 months.
National31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Syracuse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.