Teaching is informed by leading research and links to the international oil industry, so you’ll benefit from the most relevant, up-to-date learning. You’ll become a part of a vibrant international graduate community, and make use of our extensive resources as you work towards a rewarding future career.
This Petroleum Geoscience programme is offered by University of London and has an international reputation for excellence in the petroleum industry and will enhance your career prospects. Petroleum Geoscience graduates are successful industry professionals who go on to work at senior level in oil companies, geoscience IT, consultancy, and academia.
What do employers think of our graduates?
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
- Tectonics and lithosphere dynamics
- Geophysical analysis
- Structural analysis
- Sedimentology and stratigraphy
- Reservoir geoscience
- Petroleum systems
- Independent research project
- Independent research project report
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Mining, Oil & Gas View 3 other Masters in Geology in United Kingdom
For access to the Petroleum Geoscience programme, you will need the following:
- An undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor) in a physical science subject that is comparable to a UK second-class honours degree from an institution acceptable to the University.
- Work experience in the oil and gas industry, e.g. conducting evaluations of petroleum systems. Any technical oil and gas related work will be considered.
- [MSc only] Access to interpretation software, data, and expert supervision for the project. This normally requires employment in the industry, but we can admit you if can arrange alternatives.
International8900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17800 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA8900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17800 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- Total MSc: £17800
- Total PGDip: £14624
- Total per module (taken on a standalone basis): £2607
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.