Teaching is informed by leading research and links to the international oil industry, so you’ll benefit from the most relevant, up-to-date learning. You’ll become a part of a vibrant international graduate community, and make use of our extensive resources as you work towards a rewarding future career.
Modes of study: Online
This Petroleum Geoscience programme is offered by University of London has an international reputation for excellence in the petroleum industry and will enhance your career prospects. Petroleum Geoscience graduates are successful industry professionals who go on to work at senior level in oil companies, geoscience IT, consultancy, and academia.
"We have established excellent industry links and have helped hundreds of graduates to progress into rewarding careers. You’ll graduate with excellent employment prospects in a well-paid sector with job opportunities across the globe."
Professor David Waltham (Deputy Programme Director)
What do employers think of our graduates?
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Tectonics and lithosphere dynamics
- Geophysical analysis
- Structural analysis
- Sedimentology and stratigraphy
- Reservoir geoscience
- Petroleum systems
- Independent research project
- Independent research project report
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Mining, Oil & Gas View 21 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
For access to the Petroleum Geoscience programme, you will need the following:
- An undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor) in a physical science subject that is comparable to a UK second-class honours degree from an institution acceptable to the University.
- Work experience in the oil and gas industry, e.g. conducting evaluations of petroleum systems. Any technical oil and gas related work will be considered.
- [MSc only] Access to interpretation software, data, and expert supervision for the project. This normally requires employment in the industry, but we can admit you if can arrange alternatives.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8476 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16952 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA8476 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16952 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Total MSc: £16952
- Total PGDip: £13928
- Total per module (taken on a standalone basis): £2483
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.