Teaching is informed by leading research and links to the international oil industry, so you’ll benefit from the most relevant, up-to-date learning. You’ll become a part of a vibrant international graduate community, and make use of our extensive resources as you work towards a rewarding future career.
This Petroleum Geoscience programme is offered by University of London has an international reputation for excellence in the petroleum industry and will enhance your career prospects. Petroleum Geoscience graduates are successful industry professionals who go on to work at senior level in oil companies, geoscience IT, consultancy, and academia.
"We have established excellent industry links and have helped hundreds of graduates to progress into rewarding careers. You’ll graduate with excellent employment prospects in a well-paid sector with job opportunities across the globe."
Professor David Waltham (Deputy Programme Director)
What do employers think of our graduates?
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
- Tectonics and lithosphere dynamics
- Geophysical analysis
- Structural analysis
- Sedimentology and stratigraphy
- Reservoir geoscience
- Petroleum systems
- Independent research project
- Independent research project report
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Mining, Oil & Gas View 4 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United Kingdom
For access to the Petroleum Geoscience programme, you will need the following:
- An undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor) in a physical science subject that is comparable to a UK second-class honours degree from an institution acceptable to the University.
- Work experience in the oil and gas industry, e.g. conducting evaluations of petroleum systems. Any technical oil and gas related work will be considered.
- [MSc only] Access to interpretation software, data, and expert supervision for the project. This normally requires employment in the industry, but we can admit you if can arrange alternatives.
International16145 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16145 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA16145 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16145 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
- PGDip: £13265
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!