Students in the Finance program at University of Nevada, Reno learn from accomplished professors and scholars who are committed to high-quality teaching. Topics include:
- The ability to value financial assets such as stocks, bonds, and derivatives using current valuation methods.
- A strong understanding of how to evaluate capital budgeting projects.
- The ability to construct efficient portfolios.
- A comprehensive understanding of how markets work according to the Efficient Market Hypothesis.
What can I do with a Master of Science Degree in Finance?
This program is designed to be a terminal degree for those looking to pursue a career in private or public sector after program completion.While the Finance field is highly competitive, students may typically begin careers in industries such as wealth management, trusts, and banking in positions such as a financial advisor or financial or research analyst.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Economics of the Firm
- Financial Management
- Research Methods of Finance
- Investment Management
- International Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 893 other Masters in Finance in United States
- Grade Point Average of 3.00 on a scale of 4.0, or an average of 3.25 or higher for the courses taken during the last half of the undergraduate program
- A baccalaureate (or an advanced) degree from an accredited four-year institution; any major is acceptable
- GRE/GMAT scores must be from within the last five years
- If the applicant does not meet all of the preceding requirements, admission to graduate standing on a carefully prescribed basis may sometimes be considered.
- International student applicants must submit satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language TOEFL) indicating an ability to speak, write and understand the English Language sufficiently. The minimum TOEFL score accepted is 550. International students may be required to complete additional Intensive English courses during their first semester in the program
- All students are expected to be proficient in word processing and are also expected to be able to use computers to analyze and solve business problems using software such as spreadsheets, statistical packages, and databases.
International21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
National5500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.