The Interdisciplinary Environmental Sciences & Health Graduate Program
The field of environmental science encompasses all regulatory areas that work to protect human health through applied science, create a sustainable balance between society and the environment, and develop preventative healthcare methods.
The Environmental Sciences program at University of Nevada, Reno provides opportunities to contribute to our field in impactful ways. Through comprehensive research and interdisciplinary studies, our students are challenged to address a wide-ranging assortment of rapidly changing environmental issues and concerns that are posing significant tests to the world today.
Classes are taught by respected faculty members who are environmental experts and passionate about effective management and safeguarding of natural resources.
Our students’ research is targeting areas such as:
- industrialization or technology impacts on the environment,
- economics and resource availability,
- regulation and law,
- environmental ethics,
- land conservation,
- political ecology, and
- ecosystem management.
- Air Pollution
- Aquatic Ecology
- Environmental Chemistry Concepts and Design
- Epidemiology in Public Health
- Health and the Environment
- Advanced Environmental Toxicology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Ecology Environmental Sciences View 215 other Masters in Ecology in United States
- An undergraduate degree in a related science is desirable including courses in calculus, chemistry (organic chemistry), biology and physics.
- An undergraduate GPA of 2.75 on a scale of 4.00,
- Graduate record exam (GRE),
- International students must have TOEFL score of at least 600 (paper version), 250 (computer version) or 100 (internet based version) results,
- 3 letters of recommendation,
- A letter stating goals and choice of disciplinary interest,
- Documentation from an Environmental Sciences Graduate faculty member who agrees to be your research advisor.
International21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
National21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.