The MSc, PGDip and PGCert are suited to recent graduates who wish to pursue an advanced degree and current in-service professionals looking to keep their expertise up-to-date in this fast-evolving field.
Successful students should have enhanced career prospects within the health professions. If you complete the Infectious Diseases programme from University of London, it may enable you to progress for further study in infectious diseases.
"My proudest moment has been applying my technical knowledge to my work. I was instrumental in the introduction of new vaccine antigens (pneumonia and rota virus) for my country’s immunisation programme. The country was among the first in the region to introduce life-saving vaccines for children."
Dr Elizabeth Wala, Kenya
What do employers think of our graduates?
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Principles of biostatistics and epidemiology
- Principles of biology
- Biology of infectious diseases
- Control of infectious diseases
- Bacterial infections
- Nutrition and infection
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine View 149 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- For entry to the programme, you will need the equivalent of a UK first or second-class honours degree in a relevant subject (e.g. biology, medicine, nursing, dentistry, or pharmacy) from an acceptable institution.
- We may consider degrees of the same standard in other scientific subjects if we believe they will offer suitable training for the programme. We will also consider applicants with an appropriate technical qualification and work experience.
International7260 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14520 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA7260 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14520 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Postgraduate Diploma: £11500
- Postgraduate Certificate: £8500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!