High-Impact Master's Education
The two-year Educational Leadership program of the University of Nevada, Reno is a collaboration between the Washoe County School District (WCSD) and the University of Nevada, Reno. It places emphasis on mentorship, 21st century leadership skills and embedded field experiences.
Why choose Nevada Leads?
Guided by experienced principal mentors, each Nevada Leads student will pursue a Master of Education in Education Leadership degree through participation through an intensive, experiential program of study aligned to the 2015 Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL). The accompanying internship will provide candidates with real world, school-based leadership experiences focused on the skills and dispositions needed to serve as change agents and advocates for equity in 21st century schools.
Key program benefits include:
- Schedule of classes that accommodates full-time teaching and work hours, with students taking on average two courses per semester, including summer semester. On average, students will take seven credits per fall and spring semester (includes one credit of internship), and six credits during summer semester, for a total of 37 credits
- Newly designed graduate-level content and coursework co-taught by current practicing school leaders and University faculty
- Integrated experiential curriculum and a high-quality internship embedded throughout the program of study
- Dynamic 21st century instructional models including face-to-face, virtual communities of practice and blended learning opportunities
- Placement guidance and support for graduates, along with networking opportunities with top WCSD administrators
- Basic Principles of Educational Administration
- Administration of School Staff Personnel
- Equity and Administration
- Administration and Curriculum Improvement
- Supervision and Evaluation of Teaching
- School Business Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Only spring semester
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 2380 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work. (If coursework was completed at UNR, Admissions and Records would already have your transcripts available for the Graduate School, and you need not send them.)
- Three letters which speak to the applicant’s potential for success both as a graduate student and as an educational administrator. It is recommended that one letter be from an immediate supervisor, one from a school district officer or university administrator, and one from a university professor. Appropriate variations are acceptable.
- Applicants must submit a written sample of work; for example, a typed essay of approximately 1,000 words.
- Although not required, applicants may submit additional information such as a vita that may provide relevant information for assessing professional promise.
- A signed College of Education Dispositions form must be submitted for the application to be considered complete.
International21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
National21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.