Theology from Southern Methodist University is designed for students to fulfill one or more of three goals:
- Enhancing the practice of ministry through advanced study of a particular theological or pastoral discipline.
- Scholarly examination of a specific aspect of the Christian religion/traditions or function of Christian ministry.
- Preparation for more advanced study at the doctoral level.
Students at Theology from Southern Methodist University will:
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of their stated area of focus.
- Identify and evaluate the primary methods of research in the stated area of focus.
- Formulate useful research questions and develop research strategies in the stated area of focus.
- The Biblical Witness
- The Heritage & Context of Christianity
- The Interpretation of the Christian Witness
- The Theology & Practice of Ministry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Deadline for national students is for Early Decision.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies Islamic Studies View 41 other Masters in Islamic Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Southern Methodist University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Biographical, demographic and church information
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Essay (4 – 7 pages on one of two topics provided in the application)
- The successful completion of an Association of Theological Schools-accredited degree at the master’s level requiring at least 2 years of full-time study or the equivalent credential from an institution outside the U.S. and Canada. Academic ability, as shown by a minimum GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) in a previous master’s-level program, is required.
International23400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.