About the Law/Political Science program:
The Juris Doctor/Master of Arts and Juris Doctor/Doctor of Philosophy in Political Science are joint degrees which may be conferred by the College of Law and the Syracuse University Political Science Department.
Students enrolled in these programs may obtain their J.D./M.A. or J.D./Ph.D. in Political Science in substantially less time than would be necessary if both programs were separately pursued.
Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Civil Procedure
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law
- Legal Communications and Research
- Legislation & Policy
- Fact Investigation and Analysis
- Legal Practice: Applying Contracts, Torts, and Civil Procedure
- Land Use Planning and Zoning Law: An Applied Property Course
- National Security Lawyering
- Negotiation for Lawyers
- Problem Solving and Intelligent Lawyering
- Professional Responsibility: Becoming a Lawyer
- Public Interest Lawyering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Political Science View 216 other Masters in Public Law in United States
- Transcripts from your Bachelor’s-level law degree (LL.B./law major);
- Proof of English proficiency (recommended range of TOEFL of 90+ or IELTS of 6.5+);
- Color copy of passport face-page;
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae;
- A 1-2 page personal statement; and
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
International31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 12 months.
National31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Syracuse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.