A Syracuse University student who is admitted to one of these programs has the opportunity to earn both the J.D. degree and the M.S. or M.A, as appropriate, in a variety of communications fields in substantially less time than would be required were the two degrees be obtained independently.
About the Degrees
Joint degrees in communications prepare students for careers in communications law and media, public policy, journalism, and a variety of entertainment industries.
Law or Documentary Film and History students may matriculate into one of a number of programs including advertising, arts journalism, documentary film and history, magazine, newspaper and online journalism, media studies, photography, public relations, and television, radio and film. The duration of the joint program in communications varies according to the program chosen and the student’s prior coursework.
Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students may matriculate into one of a number of programs including advertising, arts journalism, documentary film and history, magazine, newspaper and online journalism, media studies, photography, public relations, and television, radio and film.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media History Public Law View 213 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Transcripts from your Bachelor’s-level law degree (LL.B./law major);
- Proof of English proficiency (recommended range of TOEFL of 90+ or IELTS of 6.5+);
- Color copy of passport face-page;
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae;
- A 1-2 page personal statement; and
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
International30294 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30294 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National30294 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30294 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.