The MSc, PGDip and PGCert programmes will suit professionals seeking epidemiology training for a career in research, academic departments or health services. They are also suited to those who require an understanding of epidemiology, such as medical journalists or scientific officers.
This Epidemiology programme from University of London is relevant for anyone planning a career in epidemiological research, public health and community medicine, epidemiological field studies, disease surveillance units, drug/vaccine manufacturers, or disease control in governmental, NGOs or donor institutions.
It should also interest anyone who requires an understanding of epidemiology, such as medical journalists or scientific officers in government and industry."During the five years of distance learning, I have moved country three times for my work. I enjoyed studying with students of different background from all over the world through the online portal, group work and study teams."
Rinko Kinoshita, Japan.
What do employers think of our graduates?In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Statistics for Epidemiology
- Practical epidemiology
- Writing and reviewing epidemiological papers
- Project module - epidemiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine View 16 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
- You will need the equivalent of a UK first or second-class honours degree in a health-related discipline, statistics, or another appropriate subject, from an acceptable institution.
- If you have an appropriate professional or technical qualification in a health-related field plus three years' relevant experience, we can consider this on an individual basis.
- If you do not meet the above criteria, we can still consider your application based on your qualifications, experience and references.
International14520 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14520 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA14520 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14520 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Postgraduate Diploma: £11500
- Postgraduate Certificate: £8500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!