The Economics program of the University of Nevada, Reno emphasizes technical, analytical, and quantitative skills, and provides the flexibility for students to choose a more policy-oriented or applied approach by allowing more electives. This allows the student to gain additional specializations which may help to create a well-rounded and marketable skill set for the competitive economics job market.
What can I do with a Master of Arts Degree in Economics?
Careers in the fields of business, consulting, health care and data analytics are typical for this degree, however, there are several applications of this degree that are outside of traditional channels. Students have gone on to have successful careers locally, nationally, and internationally in the areas of finance, banking, and economic consulting, urban planning, and government and not-for-profit agencies.
- Courses include:
- Mathematical Economics
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- History of Economic Thought and Theory
- Applied Econometrics
- Empirical Public Economics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 704 other Masters in Economics in United States
For full admission into the master of arts or master of science program majoring in economics, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- have an overall grade point average (GPA ) of at least 2.75 or a last-half GPA of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- have completed undergraduate course work in intermediate microeconomics and intermediate macroeconomics. These undergraduate prerequisites may be completed while enrolled at the university as a graduate special student. (see “Classification of Students ”).
- International students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper) 79 (internet).
- GRE or GMAT scores must be submitted to the Graduate School.
International21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
National21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.