The research-active faculty and graduate students of the Chemistry program at University of Nevada, Reno are producing groundbreaking work in a wide range of fields. Get the support to independently design experiments, investigate scientific hypotheses, and conduct analysis on important research within your field of interest.
- Analytical and Materials Chemistry
- Bio-organic and Bio-inorganic Chemistry
- Chemical Ecology
- Computational and Theoretical Chemistry
- Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry
- Organic Synthesis and Mechanistic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry and Chemical Physics
Program research incorporates advanced computational clusters and chemical instrumentation maintained by experienced professionals. Advanced department tools include Nuclear Magnetic Resonance spectrometers, both solution and solid-state, single-crystal and powder X-ray diffractometers, various mass spectrometers and an Electron Paramagnetic Resonance spectrometer, among many others. Students gain extensive hands-on experience with instruments like these through their research.
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Physical Chemistry
- Chemical Synthesis
- Separation Chemistry and Metallurgy of the Rare Earths
- Green Chemistry and Sustainability
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 1223 other Masters in Biology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or in a related field with a minimum GPA of 2.75 (or 3.0 for the last two years) on a 4.0 scale is required
- GRE general scores
- Three letters of recommendation
International21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
National21592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21592 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.