The Chemistry program offered by University of Nevada, Reno offers research study options in the department include analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, chemical physics, theoretical chemistry, physical organic chemistry, bio-organic chemistry, bioinorganic chemistry, and organometallic chemistry.
During our M.S. in Chemistry at University of Nevada, Reno students will gain:
- a broad factual knowledge at the advanced level in all subfields of chemistry (Physical, Inorganic, Organic, and Analytical).
- a deep factual and theoretical understanding of their area of specialization, including an awareness of modern research methods and technology, and problems of intense current interest.
- advanced cognitive skills in areas such as mathematics and physics that are necessary to understand and advance chemical theories.
- be successful in their professional careers as demonstrated by their abilities to solve important chemistry problems, to solve problems in areas different from their training, and to develop new and valuable ideas.
- be able to work in a variety of professional environments as demonstrated by the abilities to work both in teams and independently, to provide project leadership, to mentor junior co-workers, and to communicate scientific results effectively to the chemistry community and the public.
- possess professional character as demonstrated by their ethical behavior, their pursuit of continuing education and involvement in professional associations, and their commitment to safety and protection of the environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Physical Chemistry
- Supervised Teaching in College Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemistry View 536 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or in a related field
- Three letters of recommendation
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 24 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.