The GIS option allows students to work towards a graduate certificate in GIS through the department of Geographic and Regional Studies while working towards their Master of Arts in Latin American Studies.
Study in Miami at Miami
The Latin American Studies with GIS Certificate program is comprised of a major, a minor, the Fellows in Latin American Studies (FILAS) dual degree (BA/MA) honors program, and several Master of Arts degrees. Combined, these academic tracks give students unparalleled exposure and expertise in the history, cultures, languages, economics, politics, and societies of Latin America and the Caribbean.
Over two hundred members of the University of Miami's faculty across numerous colleges and schools work in or on Latin America and the Caribbean in every imaginable field of academic and policy inquiry, from the Fine Arts to Marine Science. This faculty brings incredible depth and breadth to the program and its students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interdisciplinary In Latin American And Caribbean
- Research Design in Latin American Studies
- Introduction to GIS (Geographic Information Systems) for graduate students
- Advanced Environmental Remote Sensing
- Debates On Current Issues In Latin American And Caribbean Studies.
- Directed Readings in Latin America and Caribbean
- Intermediate GIS
- Pre-candidacy thesis credits
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 891 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- An $85.00 non-refundable application fee is paid online upon submission of the application.
- The statement of purpose is the most important element of your application packet.
- Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their CV/resume
- Three letters of recommendation must be provided.
- You must provided official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended.
- A minimum overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- You will be asked to provide a copy of your passport.
- International students are required to submit a copy of all the diplomas or certificates earned.
- You will be required to provide a copy of your bank statement for the last six months.
International39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 12 months.
National39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.