The dual degree exposes students to the philosophical and legal distinctions of both degrees, creates a unique opportunity for Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapy Dual Degree students to deepen their clinical training with couples and families, and introduces MFT students to a broader range of social work and social welfare course offerings as well as the art of clinical diagnosis which is in the scope of practice of the Social Work profession.
The Social Work department is located in 244 White Hall on the Syracuse University campus and provides faculty and student work space. In addition, the Social Work department offers field placement at any of the 200 social welfare, human services and health agencies from 27 counties in upstate New York.
The Marriage and Family Therapy department located at Peck Hall, 601 E. Genesee Street near main campus houses a newly renovated, state of the art, clinical training facility with 14 counseling rooms, observation rooms, and a digital recording system.
The MSW program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
The MFT program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education.
- Students who complete all requirements will receive the dual Master in Social Work and a Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Students are required to complete all degree requirements as listed in the graduate course catalog for the Master of Social Work, and all degree requirements as listed in the graduate course catalog for the Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy. Students will be required to complete the entire dual degree program before either degree is awarded.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Counselling Psychology View 606 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Personal Statement
- Official Transcripts: Transcripts are required from all post-secondary institutions from which applicants have earned or will earn a degree.
- Unofficial transcripts are accepted for application review. Official transcripts are required if an applicant is admitted and matriculates.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Standardized Test Scores: Due to COVID 19, Falk College is waiving the GRE requirement for all masters programs for the 2021
- Resume: A resume describing employment history; academic honors; scholastic recognition; publications; leadership roles and/or other academic, professional, and community activities.
- Application and Fee: A completed electronic application submitted with a $75 non-refundable fee is required.
- International Student Language Proficiency Documentation: The TOEFL is required for applicants for whom English is not the primary language.
International31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 36 months.
National31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Syracuse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.