At History from Southern Methodist University students usually begin their studies with introductions to historiography as well as global and comparative history, followed by graduate coursework on the histories of various areas of the world, with specific topics developed in either two research papers or a thesis.
Students at History from Southern Methodist University will develop their interests by working with faculty knowledgeable in:
- classical history, medieval history, early modern and modern Europe, Russia, the Islamic world, sub-Saharan Africa, the Atlantic world, Latin America, East Asia and South Asia,
- various regions, periods, and themes of the United States.
- Global and Comparative History
- Another departmental graduate course (three credit hours) specifically including comparative methods and theories.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 810 other Masters in History in United States
- Online Application
- English Language Proficiency: TOEFL or IELTS
International37380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1246 USD per credit during 12 months.
National37380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1246 USD per credit during 12 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.