Why study the Political Science - Political Theory programme taught at the Radboud University
- Our students rate this Master’s programme 8,6 out of 10. This Master's programme was recently awarded the quality label ‘Top Programme' and rated best in their field. This study programme is rated top programme for three consecutive years according to the students
- The programme has a unique focus on power, justification and legitimisation, globalisation, and critical understanding of theories of the good society. We do not limit ourselves to the dominant redistributive justice discourse, but address global, ecological, and intergenerational justice, multiculturalism and agonism.
- The Master’s programme in Political Science is accredited by the NVAO (the Dutch-Flemish accreditation organisation). The panel, consisting of international experts, concludes that the programme is rightly proud of its community spirit, which continues to benefit the programme’s achievement level and its graduates’ careers alike
Graduates of political theory are academics, not politicians. We believe that to be a good policy advisor, manager or administrator, you need to have good research skills. Research is what is going to make your advice be both valid and practical: both sides of the coin of policies are equally important to the political theorists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Power in Political Theory
- Sociology, Philosophy and Ethics of Research
- Contemporary debates in Political Theory
- Advanced Research Methods
- Urban Political Theory
- Deliberative Democracy
- Just War Theory
- Master's Thesis in Political Theory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
Radboud University will still consider EU/EEA applications until 1 July, but may not be able to offer assistance with accommodation.
DisciplinesSociology Philosophy & Ethics Political Science View 41 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Your admission into this programme depends on your previous education. You are admissible if you have a completed:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a similar (or related) field from another reserach university with a fair number of courses in your preferred specialisation. Your degree must be equivalent to a Dutch Research University diploma.
- Proficiency in English
- Due to the strong academic nature of this programme, it is essential that students have the necessary basic research skills (both quantitative and qualitative). Applicants with little or no Social Science Research Methodology must first complete an (oral) examination in research methodology. The oral exam can be held in person in Nijmegen or via Skype.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11471 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11471 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme
- The Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme
- Holland Scholarship Programme
- Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships
- StuNed scholarship programme
- Radboud University Medical Center Study Fund
- Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.