The Geography program at University of Miami focuses on three thematic areas: development studies, environmental analysis, and globalization and urban change. In addition, students can take courses in geospatial technology and learn marketable skills for today's job market: GIS, digital cartography, satellite remote sensing, land use and land cover analysis, survey research, and spatial statistics.
During their studies, our students develop global citizenship, being able to see the global problems by using different lens, and develop skills to work effectively in multi-cultural environments and collaborative settings.
The Department of Geography and Regional Studies (GEG) seeks to encourage the rigorous investigation of human-environment interactions and the analysis of spatial patterns and trends related to societal processes. It reaches across disciplines to draw on a range of methods, theories, and perspectives that help us to understand how ideas and structures result from the interaction of space, time, and place.
The department's core objective is to foster the examination, open discussion, and lively debate of geographic issues and urban studies among faculty and students from all fields of study, enriching the undergraduate curriculum and the university's academic mission through greater communication across disciplines and colleges. Its aim is to broaden, deepen, and transform the learning community at UM and beyond.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Place, Region, and Nature
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods
- Advanced Research Design in Geography
- Introduction to Environmental Remote Sensing
- Field Studies Techniques
- Environmental Analysis
- Human Dimensions of Global Environmental Change
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGeography Environmental Sciences View 178 other Masters in Geography in United States
- The most competitive UM applicants have a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Complete the online application
- Official Transcripts
- Send official Test Scores: Test scores will only be accepted if they are submitted directly from the testing agency
- Complete the School Report
- Letter(s) or Recommendation
- Conduct updates, if applicable
- Special Programs may ask for additional requirements like a portfolio or/and schedule and audition
- If applicable, submit your financial aid documents
- For international students only: Submit official test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
International2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.