The Master of Arts in Women's and Gender Studies and Social Work Coordinated Degree Program from University of Wisconsin Milwaukee consists of combined Women’s & Gender Studies (WGS prefixed or cross-listed) and Social Work coursework. Candidates for the coordinated degree program will be expected to fulfill the degree requirements of both programs within seven years, in compliance with Graduate School policies. Degrees will be awarded simultaneously.
Students are admitted to both graduate programs separately, and admission requirements are consistent with those specified by the UWM Graduate School, the MA in Women’s & Gender Studies Program in the College of Letters and Science, and the MSW Program of the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare.
- Feminist Issues and Scholarship
- Transnational Feminisms
- Advanced Feminist Theory
- Social Systems and Social Work Practice
- Methods of Social Welfare Research
- Cultural Diversity and Social Work
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Social Work application deadline: 15th of April, 2023
- Students are admitted to both graduate programs separately
DisciplinesSocial Work Gender & Sexuality Studies Public Policy View 721 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- Students are admitted to both graduate programs separately, and admission requirements are consistent with those specified by the UWM Graduate School, the MA in Women’s & Gender Studies Program in the College of Letters and Science, and the MSW Program of the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare.
- Official or unofficial transcripts for all work done at higher education/post-secondary institutions
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic or professional work
- A sample of the applicant’s written work that demonstrates the applicant’s critical thinking, research, and writing skills
- A letter of intent explaining the applicant’s reasons for graduate study (the Graduate School Reasons Statement may be used)
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 24 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12220 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.