This Applied Economics and Predictive Analytics degree at Southern Methodist University focuses on economic analysis and decision-making along with strong quantitative training, and brings additional skills not typically provided in analytics programs found in statistics, engineering or business programs.
“Predictive analytics” refers to the process of building models that predict consumer behaviors under different circumstances and help customize product offerings that better suit the tastes and preferences of consumers; “predictive analytics” also refers to building models to predict time series variables of importance to businesses and governments (e.g., product sales and tax revenues) and to evaluate competing government programs and business strategies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introductory Econometrics
- Economic Analysis I (microeconomics)
- Economic Analysis II (macroeconomics)
- Economic and Business Forecasting
- Predictive Analytics for Economists
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- Strategic Behavior
- Managerial Economics
- Applied Monetary Theory and Policy
- Exchange Rates and International Capital Markets
- International Trade
- Trade Policy and World Trading System
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics View 586 other Masters in Economics in United States
Applicants to the M.A. in Applied Economics Program and the M.S. in Applied Economics and Predictive Analytics must have
- a cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- 12 hours of undergraduate economics, including two intermediate theory courses, one in price theory (microeconomics), and one in macroeconomics
- an introductory course in statistics
- one semester of calculus. Applicants whose undergraduate GPA is lower than 3.0 are required to submit GRE scores. Students combined score on the verbal and quantitative sections must be at least an 1100 (300 on the new scale).
International61344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1704 USD per credit during 12 months.
National61344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1704 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.