Students are mature individuals who have a strong commitment to the family therapy profession and to meeting the mental health needs of underserved populations.
The Marriage and Family Therapy program at Syracuse University focuses on the family as a system and the cultural and societal frameworks within which couples and families grow and develop. Students are trained as therapists and scholars who challenge themselves by fostering relationships with others who hold various and diverse world views. By working toward the creation of an environment of respect, honesty, and integrity, students and faculty in the program strive to increase cultural sensitivity, heighten awareness of self in relation to others, and generate an understanding of the role played by context in issues presented in therapy.
Enrollment in the marriage and family therapy program is limited due to the intense clinical training students receive; Most admission decisions are made in spring for the following fall; however, spring and summer admissions are available on a limited basis
Syracuse University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Family Therapy Practice
- Systems Dynamics in a Group Setting
- Family Systems
- Couple Therapy: Theory and Techniques
- Marriage and Family Therapy Ethics and Issues
- Marriage and Family Therapy Theory and Techniques
- Assessment in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Applied Research in Social Work
- Family Therapy Perspectives on Cultural Diversity
- Sexual Issues for the Helping Professional
- Child Development Theory and Family Therapy Interventions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology Counselling View 1132 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Application fee
- Official transcript
- Letters of recommendation (as required by the program you’re applying to)
- Personal statement
- Portfolio (if required by your program)
- Writing sample (if required by your program)
- Official GRE scores (if required by your program)
- Official TOEFL/IELTS scores (international students only)
- Military transcripts (for currently serving or veteran)
International31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 24 months.
National31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Syracuse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.