Key factsOnline application is the preferred method of applying to graduate programs at Syracuse University.Applications submitted online can be processed faster and more efficiently than those filed on paper. Access the online application.You will receive an e-mail or postcard from Syracuse University when your application has been received and processed. Find out more information on the application process. The Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering program is offered by
The exit requirement for the M.S. degree includes MAE 994 - Capstone Project. The student will review technical papers or reports in the technical literature related to the student’s field of interest. The student will prepare an oral presentation summarizing the technical content of the documents reviewed, and present his/her findings before a faculty committee.
A hard copy of the presentation, signed by the student adviser, must be submitted to the MAE Graduate Office before the oral presentation. The committee will decide whether the student has passed or failed. The student should register for MAE 994 in his/her last semester for 0 credit hours.
Syracuse University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Engineering
- Engineering & Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Astronomy & Space Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 105 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
- Prospective students must have a bachelor of science in mechanical/aerospace engineering or a closely related field. Additional coursework may be required for students without a BS degree in engineering or those who lack adequate preparation.
- Admission is granted on the basis of undergraduate preparation and performance, GRE scores, and letters of recommendation documenting the recent technical proficiency of the applicant. A grade-point average of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent, and a GRE-Quantitative score of 700 (155 on the new scale) are typically expected.
International31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 12 months.
National31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Syracuse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.