The Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology program at Kaohsiung Medical University is structured to provide the student with an area of emphasis, i.e. areas such as microbiology, biochemistry, hematology, genetics, immunology, toxicological analysis and molecular toxicology, or education.
At the present, our research activities focus mainly on the following areas:
- Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry
- Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology
- Hematology and Clinical Hematology
- Immunology and Clinical Immunology
- Toxicological Analysis and Molecular Toxicology
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology in Biomedicine
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Contemporary Research Techniques in Biomedical Sciences
- Special Topics on Healthcare Management
- Special Topics on Molecular Genetics of Bacteria
- Special Topics on Dermatological Immunology
- Special Topics on Autoimmunology
- Special Topics on Serology and Immunology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Biochemistry Genetics View 4 other Masters in Genetics in Taiwan
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in related medical, life or natural sciences from a local or foreign university which is recognized by M.O.E. and verified by R.O.C. representative office overseas.
- Applicants must have taken a minimum of 10 credits (160 hours) in General Biology, Biochemistry, or Life Science related courses.
- A minimum GPA of B or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (a notarized Chinese or English translation of transcript is required)
International3372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1686 USD per semester during 12 months.
National3372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1686 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Kaohsiung City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.