A bilingual Speech-Language Pathology specialization (BIES) at Marquette University is offered through the master’s degree program. This program prepares speech-language pathologists who are proficient in Spanish to evaluate and treat communication disorders in individuals who speak Spanish or are bilingual (Spanish-English).
Candidates for the BIES specialization must be accepted to the master of science program in speech-language pathology. Candidates also must complete the department application to the BIES specialization and meet language proficiency requirements established by the American Council for the Teaching of Foreign Languages.Graduate-level academic course work for the BIES specialization may fulfill elective requirements for the master of science degree in speech-language pathology. Clinical practicum hours through the BIES specialization will apply toward a master of science degree, ASHA certification and DPI licensure requirements. All course work is based on guidelines suggested by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association for speech-language pathologists providing bilingual assessment and intervention.
- Voice Disorders
- Diagnostic Methods in Speech-Language Pathology
- Child Language Intervention Issues
- Adult Language Disorders
- Sensorimotor Speech Disorders
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguages Speech Pathology View 235 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Marquette University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A completed online application form. (instructions/FAQ found here).
- Official transcripts from all current and previous colleges/universities attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant’s academic and clinical work.
- A 1-2 page personal statement of career interests and goals (BIES applicants should reference their interest in the program).
- Critical Thinking question.
- (For international applicants only) a TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency.
- (For BIES applicants only) it is recommended applicants provide proof of Spanish proficiency directly to department, instructions found online.
- GRE not required
International28635 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1245 USD per credit during 24 months.
National28635 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1245 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.