The goal of the MSc Advanced Computational and Civil Engineering Structural Studies at TU Dresden is to impart knowledge leading to research competence and to high level engineering skills based on an individual choice of modules by the participants. ACCESS is designed to develop unique, current knowledge and competence in the field of computational mechanics and structural analysis closely related to advanced civil engineering design.
ACCESS seeks to facilitate the development of a strong knowledge base in the field of computational mechanics and structural analysis, working collaboratively with advanced civil engineering design. Technical innovations for challenging engineering tasks rely heavily on numerical simulation tools. Therefore, the goal of the programme is to provide the skills for understanding, modelling and analysis of these approaches in the broader context of application and design by focus on:
- state-of-the-art computational mechanics
- current numerical structural analysis
- research in structural modelling and analysis
- current developments in civil engineering design
- advanced construction methods
CareersEngineers with a strong computational background are in high demand in international companies, consultant agencies, engineering offices, construction enterprises and research.
- Building Materials
- Continuum Mechanics, Tensor Calculus
- Energy Methods, FEM
- Numerical Methods
- Mentoring Study Competence
- Design of Concrete Structures
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Computer Sciences View 14 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a university degree in the field of engineering sciences (preferably in Civil engineering),
- English proficiency IELTS level 6.0 or TOEFL 79 points - internet-based test iBT),
- proof of good knowledge in mathematics and mechanics. "Good" means that the marks in these field must be in the upper third of the respective grading scale.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EUR 276.10 semester fee
Living costs for Dresden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.