Programs include extensive fieldwork opportunities in which students gain hands-on experience working with students and clients in a wide range of counseling and educational settings. Students work closely with their advisor, and the fieldwork coordinator to identify settings that meet their individual interests and career goals. The faculty is nationally recognized for their leadership in the profession and all classes are taught by skilled experts and experienced clinicians.
The faculty is deeply committed to the growth and development of their students; faculty work closely with both our master’s and doctoral students. Students are trained in the most current information in counseling and provided the opportunity to develop their skills and succeed in their chosen area of specialization. The department’s goal is to prepare national leaders in counseling. It seeks to develop a diverse group of professionals who will excel in knowledge, skills, commitment, and service in a wide range of educational and community settings.
Why School Counseling at Syracuse University ?
- 100% placement rate for practicum and internship experiences, and a 90-100% employment rate at graduation over the past 3 years.
- Opportunities to participate in ongoing research projects with our faculty, and attend, present at, and become involved with professional organizations and conferences.
- Our faculty are actively engaged in research, practice, and leadership in the field of school counseling, both locally and on the national level.
- Small class sizes and access to highly engaged faculty members translate into meaningful relationships that support you from your time as a student to your career as a school counselor.
- Interview and observe current school counselors, facilitate group counseling sessions in PreK-12 school settings, and take part in simulated model counseling sessions.
Syracuse University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Programs include extensive fieldwork opportunities in which students gain hands-on experience working with students and clients in a wide range of counseling and educational settings. Students work closely with their advisor, and the fieldwork coordinator to identify settings that meet their individual interests and career goals.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Psychology School Counselling View 554 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
- Bachelor’s degree and a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0. We do not require a specific undergraduate major; however, we do look closely at your transcript to see if you have taken classes that are relevant for counseling.
- Official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate study.
- GRE or MAT scores (GRE/MAT will be waived for Fall 2021 applications)
- Supplemental department Master’s degree application, sent directly to email@example.com as an attachment.
- A personal statement which defines the applicant’s motivation to seek graduate study and future career ambitions.
- 3 letters of recommendation from persons who can speak to the applicant’s academic potential and to their personal qualifications for graduate study in counseling.
- Resume or CV.
- International students: TOEFL Scores, written test 600, computerized test 250, iBT test 100, or IELTS 7.0 – this requirement CANNOT be waived.
International31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 24 months.
National31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Syracuse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.