More than ever, the world needs healthcare leaders who understand research, scientific processes and the most advanced methods in education. The Clinical Leadership, Education and Research MSc at DMU welcomes practitioners from a variety of fields in healthcare, including medicine, pharmacy and nursing.
The Clinical Leadership, Education and Research MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert programme at De Montfort University will support you in becoming a more knowledgeable clinician. We offer a wide range of modules including Demonstration of Service Improvements, Partnerships with Patients and Stakeholders and Concepts in Education, allowing you to tailor your learning - whether you are most interested in enhancing your skills in leadership, developing your understanding of contemporary research, expanding your teaching expertise, or discovering clear pathways to quality improvement.
We believe in practical, hands-on learning, which is why you will have the opportunity during your studies to assists with implementing a service improvement project. This insight will be backed up by a strong theoretical understanding of teaching and research, delivered by our specialist academic team.
A flexible distance learning approach, combined with blocks of attendance at the university to maximise peer and tutor learning and support, allows practitioners to study alongside work commitments. The PG Cert has six study days and the PG Dip five study days. For the MSc year, support is provided via online tutorials, with study day support as required.
The specialist and learning skills you acquire are highly sought after in many different sectors of practice. Having an MSc is recognised by many employers as a stepping stone in career progression.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Personal Professional Development for Leadership
- Partnership with Patients and Stakeholders
- Concepts in Education
- Concepts in Research
- Development of a Service Improvement Strategy
- Demonstration of Service Improvement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- PgCert: 60 credits
- PgDip: 120 credits
- MSc: 180 credits
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Health Sciences View 199 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The programme is open to all UK healthcare practitioners who:
- Are registered with the relevant UK professional organizations of practice focus (GMC, GPhC, NMC, etc.),
- Have at least two years’ experience following completion of the HCP degree, and
- Are currently employed and working as a registered HCP in the UK
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
International2844 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2844 GBP per year during 12 months.
National2844 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2844 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU: £2844 for 60 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.