Syracuse University students develop competencies to conduct instructional analysis, make appropriate design decision, develop instructional materials, implement and evaluate instructional programs, and assess learning.
The curriculum includes courses that blend soft technologies (thinking models and theories, strategic planning, Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation processes, interpersonal communications, and software) and hard technologies. Through practical projects, students develop competencies to design, create, implement, and evaluate non-technology and technology-supported instructional solutions for a variety of educational and professional settings.
Graduate Student Work Space
Limited works spaces in the IDD&E Department are available for use in pre-scheduled, four-hour increments. Students who hold IDD&E assistantships, fellowships, or are otherwise employed/interning with the department are given priority for these spaces. Students outside of the department interested in using the space can contact Rebecca Pettit.
Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Media Production
- Technologies for Instructional Settings
- Principles of Instruction and Learning
- Instructional Design and Development
- Techniques in Educational Evaluation
- Analysis for Human Performance Technology Decisions
- Strategies in Educational Project Management
- Advanced Instructional Design
- Educational Technology in International Settings
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Research View 4063 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor’s Degree. We recommend applicants have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better. However, in reviewing applications, all elements are carefully considered.
- Official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate study.
- Personal statement of goals. Please describe in approximately 500 words:
- Your main academic interests;
- Why you are interested in the IDD&E program;
- Why you wish to study at Syracuse University;
- How you expect to finance your studies;
- Your plans for the future, after you receive your degree.
- 3 letters of recommendation.
- Resume or CV.
- International students: TOEFL scores.
- No GRE exam scores are required for this program.
International31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 12 months.
National31212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31212 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Syracuse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.