The master's in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program from Marquette University prepares students to have a successful career as a counselor in a variety of settings, and to enter the job market with a skill set that's in high demand.
Students have the option to stay general, or specialize in addiction, child and adolescent, or clinical rehabilitation counseling. You'll learn to support people in their growth and wellness, as well as address mental health concerns. Additionally, students have the choice of either on campus or online clinical mental health programs.
In addition to rigorous classroom learning, you'll be guided to find a practical clinical placement that is meaningful for you. We challenge students to think critically about the cultural context of their approach, to seek opportunities to serve the underserved, and to do what it takes to be the difference.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling course work at Marquette University focuses on human development, psychopathology, assessment, theories of counseling, consultation, crisis and disaster response, ethical and legal issues, multicultural issues and counseling research, as well as individual, group, family and counseling interventions. Field experiences, small group experiences and practicum and internships are required and lead to the development of science-practice integration in all of our graduates.
- Child/Adolescent Counseling
- Addictions Counseling
- Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
- Mental Health
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 1262 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- A completed online application form and fee.
- Copies of all current and previous colleges/universities except Marquette*
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of purpose
- A resume/vita
- GRE scores are optional
- For international applicants only: a TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency.
- After all applications are reviewed, the highest ranking applicants will be contacted for an interview with the faculty. This is required for admission. International applicants residing in foreign countries and applicants with extenuating circumstances may conduct their interviews via virtual meeting.
International42685 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1245 USD per credit during 21 months.
National42685 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1245 USD per credit during 21 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.