The Master of Science program has two tracks designed to provide a strong foundation necessary for the training of graduates that will utilize novel approaches to the sustainable and equitable use and management of freshwater systems worldwide. The Doctor of Philosophy program is a research degree designed to explore and discover novel approaches to the sustainable and equitable use and management of freshwater systems worldwide. These programs will create an interdisciplinary atmosphere for training the next generation of scientists armed with the knowledge, skills and experience to anticipate and address the freshwater issues of the future.
Timely application is encouraged for students seeking financial support. When applying for admission, applicants should describe as completely as possible their specific research interests within freshwater sciences. Applicants are strongly encouraged to establish contact, before or during the application process, with Freshwater Sciences faculty members whose research interests are closest to their own, regarding the likelihood of one serving as the student’s major professor.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Water Resources Planning
- Freshwater Policy and Governance
- Professional Development for Water Leaders
- Molecular & Cellular Basis of Environmental Disease
- Candidate for Degree
- Colloquium in Freshwater Sciences
- Seminar in Freshwater Sciences
- Graduate Internship
- Master's Research and Thesis
- Independent Study
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management View 62 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United States
General requirementsAdmission requirements
An applicant must meet Graduate School requirements plus these departmental requirements to be considered for admission to the program:
- A bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, economics, geosciences, mathematics, physics, public policy, or other appropriate natural science, social science or engineering discipline.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Submission of scores on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (This requirement is optional for Professional Track applicants.).
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant’s scholarship and/or research potential.
International24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11861 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.