Students may complete the 32-credit program either full (in 15 months) or part-time (although daytime availability for field experience and student teaching is required) or concurrently with another master’s program. Applicants must first have met the requirements for the New York State initial childhood teaching certificate, with all requirements met before beginning the program.
The program builds on the long and distinguished traditions of inclusive education and disability studies at Syracuse University. The philosophies of the program expand on these traditions to examine disability as a social, cultural, and political construct inextricably linked to issues of race, class, and gender. A grounding assumption of the program is that students with disabilities must have access to academic instruction and social learning available to students without disabilities. To this end, students in this program explore innovative approaches to modifying and adapting instruction, curriculum, and classroom structures to maximize each student’s strengths and encourage meaningful participation in inclusive classrooms..
Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Issues in Dis/Ability and Inclusion 3 credit(s)
- Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviors 3 credit(s)
- Collaboration/Cooperation in Schools 3 credit(s)
- Adapting Instruction for Diverse Student Needs 3 credit(s)
- Selected Topics 1-6 credit(s) Practicum in Special Education
- Early Intervention for Children's Reading Problems 3 credit(s)
- Teaching Children and Adolescents with Autism 3 credit(s) or
- Significant Disabilities: Shifts in Paradigms and Practices 3 credit(s)
- Practicum in Psychoeducational Evaluation and Planning for Exceptional Children
- Professional Practices in Special Education 3 credit(s)
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 3493 other Masters in Education in United States
- Application fee
- Official transcript
- Letters of recommendation (as required by the program you’re applying to)
- Personal statement
- Portfolio (if required by your program)
- Writing sample (if required by your program)
- Official GRE scores (if required by your program)
- Official TOEFL/IELTS scores (international students only)
- Military transcripts (for currently serving or veteran)
International50226 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 50226 USD per year and a duration of 15 months.
National28062 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28062 USD per year and a duration of 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.