SLP’s work with clients and their families to improve communication skills and cope with the difficulties of communication and swallowing disorders. You’ll use your expertise to treat conditions such as stuttering, delayed language development, aphasia, dysphagia, and voice and articulation problems.
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee’s Master of Science degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Our program — which includes two full-semester placements in the community with the option of a third mini-placement — prepares you for both educational and medical settings to maximize your career flexibility.
- You’ll work in our state-of-the-art laboratories and instructional facilities, including our Speech and Language Clinic and Speech Science Lab, where you’ll have access to the latest acoustic analysis equipment.
- All of our students participate in research, either through a thesis or by working closely with a faculty mentor on their research projects.
- Our dedicated, caring faculty members are committed to your success, whether that’s by making time for a one-on-one meeting or observing and consulting on difficult cases in the clinic.
- We offer all of the opportunities of a metropolitan area at an affordable price. Our location gives you easy access to off-campus externships in medical, rehabilitation and school sites.
- Research Design and Methods in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Language Assessment and Intervention
- Acquired Neurogenic Communication Disorders in Adults
- Advanced Clinical Practice in Speech-Language Pathology
- Evaluation and Management of Swallowing Disorders
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Neuroscience Speech Pathology View 275 other Masters in Communication Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- In order to apply to the UWM graduate program in Communication Sciences and Disorders, you must have completed 15 undergraduate credits in Communication Sciences and Disorders (excluding sign language) by the application deadline.
- All sections of the CSDCAS application completed including the Supporting Information section.
- Official transcripts from every accredited U.S. college or university attended.
- You need to submit three letters of recommendation.
- International Applicants must also include:
- Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be submitted for an academic credential review by a foreign transcript evaluation service.
- the TOEFL or IELTS must have been taken within 12 months of the date of application
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 24 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12220 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.