Grounded in the latest theory, this is a practical Strategic and Digital Marketing MSc course from De Montfort University that will enable you to develop advanced strategic and digital marketing skills. You will learn how to be analytical, create creative campaigns, and develop research skills that will help you assess markets in-depth. You’ll be taught by a diverse team of experts who can offer you first-hand knowledge and insight into the industry with years of commercial experience to draw from.
This course will help you expand your knowledge of the strategic and critical analytical approaches to marketing, and how digital marketing and social media is planned and executed. You’ll learn about contemporary marketing issues and social and digital media scenarios, which are embedded throughout the course.
Other key themes include insight management, innovation and entrepreneurship, customer management, campaign planning, paid, owned and earned media planning, marketing metrics, working with agencies and international marketing perspectives. Completion of the Direct and Digital Marketing module will give you significant exemptions from the Institute of Direct Marketing’s Certificate in Direct and Digital Marketing.
- Graduates from the course are now pursuing successful careers in large multinational organisations and medium-sized entrepreneurial businesses, typically in roles such as product development, brand management, digital marketing, marketing communications, market research, customer service management, e-marketing and sales.
- Recent graduates from Marketing MSc programmes are now working for a variety of UK and international companies including IBM, Toyota, Candi, Schroders Investments, Saudi Industrial Development Fund and Sudan International University.
- Recent agency and media appointments include WPP, DDB Hong Kong, Leo Burnett Cyprus, Razorfish, Punch Communications, Creare Design, The Station Agency and Big Communications.
We are accredited by The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) for a Dual Award.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Marketing
- Social Media Strategy
- Managing Advertising and Communications
- Marketing Research in Practice
- Research Methods for Marketers
- Direct and Digital Marketing
- Advanced Marketing Analytics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMarketing Digital Communication Digital Marketing View 428 other Masters in Marketing in United Kingdom
- Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree with a minimum pass of 2:2, or overseas equivalent, in marketing or in business or management with substantial marketing content
- Applicants typically require 45 credits, or equivalent, in marketing to receive an offer for this course. Applicants with no marketing experience or fewer than 45 credits should apply for our Marketing Management MSc.
- Applicants with no formal qualifications but with significant business experience will be considered on an individual basis
- Students with the CIM PG Diploma qualification can also take advantage of the CIM top-up scheme
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU: £14,600
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.