The Health Professions Education qualification equips graduates with the knowledge and skills to tailor their teaching to different levels of learners, from novice to more senior clinicians. To work successfully in the field of healthcare education, it is essential to have formal training in education to complement your clinical background
This Health Professions Education - Thesis and Coursework course from The University of Western Australia is designed to suit a range of health professionals who seek to develop their knowledge and skills in health professional education. In addition, students are able to pursue in depth a particular area of research interest.
This degree is designed for professionals interested in further study who are seeking to familiarise themselves with recent developments in the field or to enhance their intellectual and research skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Teaching and Learning
- Principles of Assessment and Evaluation
- Research in Health Professions Education
- Clinical Teaching and Supervision
- Innovation and Contemporary Issues in Health Professions Education
- Simulation and Interprofessional Learning in Health Professions Education
- Program Evaluation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Health Management Health Sciences View 326 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 058208E
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
- the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from this University, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty; or
- a bachelor's degree in a health, biomedical, or biological sciences related discipline from this University or another recognised institution; and
- in the case of graduates from a three-year undergraduate degree course, at least one year of professional experience; or
- completed the Graduate Certificate in Health Professional/Professions Education or the Graduate Diploma in Health Professional/Professions Education from this University with the equivalent of at least 70 per cent in all core units
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58650 AUD for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.