Students in the Optics program of University of Rochester can choose to pursue a broad education in optics, or to specialize in areas such as:
- Medical optics
- Optical communications
- Optical materials
- Laser engineering
- Business administration
The optics MS program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills to contribute to state-of-the-art optics research and development.
- Wave Optics and Imaging
- Modern Optics
- Optics Laboratory
- Detection of Optical Radiation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Business Administration View 611 other Masters in Physics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Rochester and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor's degree in optics, physics, engineering, or a related technical field is required
- Minimum undergraduate GPA is 3.0 out of 4.0
- Transcripts - Upload a copy of your transcripts and have a sealed copy of your transcript sent to the mailing address below. Transcripts in a non-English language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Standardized Tests - GRE/TOEFL/IELTS—Have the testing institution send the original paper score sheets to the Institute.
- Recommendations - Submit three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose - Typically one to three pages long with a three-page limit. Your name and date of birth should appear at the top of each page; also include page numbers (1/3, 2/3, 3/3).
- Resume/CV/other documents - No specific format or instructions.
International54540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1818 USD per credit during 12 months.
National54540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1818 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.