You might find your worldview transformed as you apply these perspectives to your study in other classes and to all aspects of your life.
This Women's Studies and Feminist Research program from the University of Western Ontario reflects an expanding field of feminist research including feminist theory, health issues, philosophy, queer issues and sexuality studies, legal issues, violence against women, women and equity in the workplace, and women and the creative arts.
The one-year, full-time Master's Program strives to cultivate students’ critical sensibilities and enrich skills in research and teaching in a supportive, interdisciplinary environment through advanced training in feminist theory, methodology, and professionalization.
In addition to the required courses, students may enroll in courses in a variety of disciplines to support their learning goals, and have the option of completing the MA entirely through course work or combining course work with an Independent Research Project (IRP).
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Feminist Theory
- Professional Development
- Feminism, Health and Biopolitics
- Feminist and Gender Perspectives on/in Conflict and Post-Conflict Contexts
- Feminist Methodologies
- Gender and the Environment
- Feminist Interventions in Trauma and Testimony Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 22 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Canada
- Honours BA in Women's, Gender or Feminist Studies.
- A minimum average of B+ (78%) in the last two years of study.
- Students from other disciplines may be considered if they demonstrate adequate preparation in feminist theory and methodology (at least three full-course equivalents above the first-year level including one seminar at the 300 level or above).
International12164 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6082 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National4240 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2120 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
- Western Funding Package
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.