This Cognitive Behaviour Therapy course at University of Birmingham is designed to enable students to practice CBT. The course is structured around teaching, skills practice, experiential learning, supervision support groups, and academic assignments. The academic assignments include essays, case reports, and recordings of live sessions with clients. Students will also be encouraged to discuss their own views on CBT as well as on mental health and psychological therapy in general. The core feature of the course is the facilitation of reflective practice.
There are two routes of entry to this course:
- Route 1 - This route is for new graduates holding a Psychology BSc degree, with some voluntary experience.
- Route 2 - This route is for health and social care professionals depending on previous experiences.
All of the tutors and clinical supervisors on this Diploma course are BABCP accredited therapists. The course is structured to meet many of the requirements of the BABCP for accreditation as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Psychological Therapy
- Introductory Practitioners Course
- Professional Issues in Psychological Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Fundamental Skills
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Common Mental Health Problems
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Complex Presentations
- Trans-diagnostic Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Complex Presentations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
Applications will close on 1st May 2020, or earlier if the programme is full.
Interviews will take place on 9th, 10th and 17th June 2020.
DisciplinesPsychology View 731 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The courses are designed to meet the criteria for accreditation with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist.
- Thus, to be eligible to enter training, individuals must hold a relevant core profession or be able to demonstrate the equivalent knowledge, skills and attitudes.
International16994 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16994 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.