Each graduate degree has its own unique programmatic content developed by department faculty and approved by UWM’s Graduate Faculty Committee (and when necessary other governance bodies, administrators, and/or the UW-System).
At the graduate level (MA, PhD), the Department of Communication’s curriculum consists of courses in Communication Theory and Research with emphasis on Rhetoric and/or Social Science.
Master of Arts in Communication
The Communication program of the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee is designed to provide breadth and depth of study in communication theory and research adopting rhetorical and/or social scientific approaches. The program provides initial and advanced preparation for a variety of careers including continued study leading to the PhD degree.”
- Proseminar: The Discipline of Communication
- Quantitative Research in Communication
- Critical Analysis of Communication
- Qualitative Research in Communication
- Measurement and Evaluation in Speech Communication
- Technology for Health Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Sociology Corporate Communication View 154 other Masters in Corporate Communication in United States
- A baccalaureate degree, or its equivalent as determined by the UWM Center on International Education, from a regionally accredited institution, completed before the first term of enrollment in the Graduate School. Students applying to approved accelerated master’s degrees are exempt from this requirement.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, or an equivalent measure on a grading system that does not use a 4.0 scale.
- A non-refundable, $75 base application fee is required of all applicants
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12220 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.