An ideal choice for both new graduates and finance professionals looking to progress their career, this programme is the opportunity to specialise in different areas of accounting and finance. It helps prepare full-time students for entry-level positions as they start their career, as well as supports learning career development opportunities for those in a range of roles such as accountants, auditors, practising managers, business consultants and finance experts from various backgrounds.
This Accounting and Finance MSc programme from De Montfort University provides a critical approach to the theoretical underpinnings of accounting and finance. You will get practical experience of tools, techniques, financial databases, and research skills. The programme leads with core taught modules that critically examine the scope of generic accounting and finance, as well as modules such as Contemporary Issues in International Financial Reporting, Evaluation of Management Accounting, and Applied Corporate Finance.
You will also undertake the Research Methods module which not only develops and enhances your research skills but also helps prepare you for your dissertation. As part of the Applied Trading module you will undertake a two-week intensive study with our Trading room facilities, where students can consider the practical aspects of investment and strengthen their knowledge in this area.
You will also be prepared for future self-reflection and career development through the Knowing and Developing Yourself for Professional Success module. In addition to these core areas, students can select an area of interest and specialism from a comprehensive list of elective modules.
Enhance your existing qualifications and global career prospects with a specialist master’s in business economics and business finance. This course will provide advanced preparation for careers in the policy making, organisational decision making and the financial world.
This course allows you to design your own personal pathway, combining core modules with specialisms that are in line with your interests and career ambitions. Specialisms may include business analytics, governance and social responsibility, assurance and risk, and behavioural finance.
Our Business School is a Gold Status ACCA Learning Partner and is accredited by CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants).
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Executive Business Simulation
- Contemporary Issues in International Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Research Methods
- Portfolio Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 868 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Banking or Business-related subjects with a minimum pass of a Second-Class Honours, an equivalent overseas qualification, or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Fully qualified Professional Accounting applicants (such as CIMA/ACCA and 3 years work experience plus examinations) are eligible for accelerated entry (90 credits) on to the programme on a part-time basis.
- Download and complete the international application form.
- A copy of your qualifications.
- A copy of your English language certificate.
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application.
- A copy of your passport.
- One reference for undergraduate study, or two references for postgraduate study.
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU: £14,600
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.