The Master of Science in Statistics programme of University of Geneva is open to experts wishing to improve their theoretical skills in statistical research, but also to non-experts wishing to develop their data analysis skills in an area of specialization acquired at the Bachelor level.
The Master of Science in Statistics opens doors to opportunities in various industries: in the food industry, international organizations, in (cantonal and federal) statistics offices, in financial companies, biostatistics (in the pharmaceutical industry), and in many other areas. Finally, students who have completed the master can continue with a doctorate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analytics Consulting
- Generalized Linear and Additive Models
- Master thesis in statistics (research)
- Mixed Linear Models
- Multivariate Analysis
- Research seminar in statistics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Statistics View 6 other Masters in Statistics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae (1 page A4) or Europass CV
- Letter of motivation in English (1 page A4)
- Grade transcripts of previous studies (Bachelor, high school and other university studies)
- Copy of your Bachelor degree if already obtained (and other degrees if any)
- Syllabus (or textbook reference) of previous Bachelor or Master level statistics/ probability/ computing related courses (if courses taken outside GSEM)
International902 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 451 EUR per semester during 18 months.
National902 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 451 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- 500 CHF / semester
Living costs for Genève
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.