At Musicology from Western University - Canada students receive advanced research training about significant issues relating to the history of music and its cultural, historical, and critical contexts.
Graduates with Musicology from Western University - Canada will:
- gain the highest quality of creative and scholarly experiences
- engage with accomplished artists and scholars;
- do through artistic and scholarly performances, recordings, publications, lectures, and presentations.
- History of Music Education
- Empirical and Qualitative Research in Music Education
- Historical and Philosophical Inquiry in Music Education
- Cultural and Social Perspectives in Music Education
- Music Technology in Music Education
- History of the Philosophy and Psychology of Music
- The Reflective Practitioner in the Elementary Music Classroom
- Philosophy of Music Education
- Psychology of Music and Music
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications received after the deadline are contingent on space availability and funding.
DisciplinesMusic Liberal Arts View 54 other Masters in Music in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor of Music in Music History, Bachelor of Arts with Honours Music, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of bibliographical and research techniques.
- Submission of 1-2 recently written research papers.
- Biographical information
- Contact information
- Statement of academic intent
- Electronic transcripts from Ontario universities/colleges
- Professional background
- Referee information
- Proficiency in English Scores
- Application fee
- List of publications
International12408 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6204 CAD per semester during 16 months.
National4240 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2120 CAD per semester during 16 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.